Why are NFT memberships better compared to the platforms we have now?

At the beginning of this project, when we were analyzing the benefits that the blockchain and NFTs could bring to people and transform how memberships are managed, one objection came: “Membership platforms already exist. So why make things more difficult?”

That’s true. Membership platforms do exist, and some of them have their fair share of members.

We’ve studied these traditional membership platforms, though, to discover that there are also some significant challenges and limitations associated with them. One of the primary difficulties is the fees, and commissions these platforms charge for their services, which can cut creators’ earnings and make it difficult to sustain a profitable business model. Additionally, creators may struggle with their limited flexibility, making it harder to create a unique and engaging user experience for their audience. Finally, relying on a third party can also create dependency on the platform, leaving creators vulnerable to policy changes or market conditions that can negatively impact their revenue stream.

But what if we could do better? What if we could create a new membership platform that truly empowers creators and helps you thrive in your craft? That’s where the UCollect idea comes from.

We know how important it is to have a strong and supportive community behind a business. But the current state of membership platforms often falls short of expectations, leaving creators feeling disconnected, undervalued, and struggling to make a living doing what you love.

We also know that the blockchain and the NFTs (for those who want to learn more about NFTs, here are some resources for you :blush:) can help solve these problems.

UCollect is developing around NFT Memberships, focusing on 4 main points:

1. 100% Community Ownership: The blockchain doesn’t retain any information. Therefore you will be independent of the platform itself. The community you build is yours and can be moved to another blockchain or platform as you wish.

2. 100% Ownership of your content: The blockchain allows for tracking ownership of original work by storing copyright data in blocks, enabling proof of ownership.

3. Direct&Instant Payments: As on the blockchain there aren’t middlemen, the payments are instantaneous and direct to you.

4. No Policy Earnings: No thresholds to reach means you can start monetizing immediately. Having funds from the very beginning will help you keep growing.

5. Royalties: The resales of your content will generate a steady revenue stream for you.

Our main objective is to provide a platform that can help ease your work while democratizing access to the blockchain, with tools specifically designed for any creator willing to explore and use this technology with their communities.

We, as the team behind Ucollect, believe that every creator deserves the opportunity to grow and thrive in their way, and we are dedicated to providing a space where creators can do just that.

By offering a range of tools and resources, Ucollect wants to empower you to take control of your content and build a sustainable business model that works for YOU. In a world where big tech platforms often dominate the creative landscape, we want to launch a platform that puts you first and provides a platform for you to grow and flourish.

To answer the question “Why make things more difficult?” we know that NFTs could make things harder for those among you that are getting to know this technology recently, but that’s why we are focusing on making UCollect as user-friendly as possible to overcome these difficulties. Because the advantages are far more than the disadvantages. This is a preview of what we are building, which is expected to go live on June 13th.

We know that the road ahead won’t be easy, but we are passionate about empowering creators to grow and bloom in their craft.

So I would love to hear your thoughts on NFT memberships and how you think they can change the world for creators. What are the main challenges you have faced so far? What are some of the most important features that you look for in a membership platform?

1 Like

Hi everyone,
I learned about this site through a post on Facebook and I wanted to to explore this platform, attracted by the ability to create a community that did not depend on a particular social platform. I signed up mostly to experiment, as I have yet to learn what NFTs are actually.

On the one hand, I was disappointed to discover that the platform is not ready yet; on the other hand, it could be interesting to follow the project and see how it is launched, taking the opportunity to understand better how it is possible to own a community without depending on a specific social.

I have heard a lot of speakings about blockchains and tokens, and I’m interested to understand why this new internet called WEB3 will be so revolutionary

Thank you @Serena, for taking the time to write this up. I really hope that this topic will give our community’s newcomers a better understanding of what we are building and why we truly believe communities should understand the benefits of managing members with NFT Memberships.

@crasixspace thank you for your patience! I can assure you, we will launch the platform in the next months, and we will reward our supporters with a free membership and additional perks that we will unveil. Already many supporters are helping us with our surveys.

We started working on an nft membership platform in q3/2022, and this year we have collected further funding that allowed us to rebrand in ucollect.me, better understand what to prioritize and speed up the development.
As soon as are ready to showcase the new development, we will open to beta testing.
If any members interested in this preview, just le me know.