What should we prioritize in the development?

Hi everyone,
A quick intro about our idea of Outwave DAO.

We realize that NFTs are taking quite a large space in the music industry and that the concept of NFTs applied to it fits perfectly.

We decided to design a platform that allows organizers and artists to build and own their community through NFT technology, allowing them to assign multiple utilities to their NFTs using an intuitive and simple UX/UI.
The possibilities are endless, and we focus on developing features to help users build their businesses.

We also think that ownership of your community is a huge benefit, and the decentralization that comes with blockchain can help, so we would like to give the governance of this platform directly to the users creating a DAO, where the participants can decide through a vote, what to develop in future.

At this stage of development, we would like to collect feedback about Outwave from all of you inside the music industry, event organizers, users, artists, or fans.
The purpose of this is to focus our developing effort on utilities that you value and are useful for you or your business.

Currently we are focusing and collecting feedback on the following features. Feel free to add comments on each features’ topic:

We’re asking you to check our documentation and use our beta version, interact with the platform and drop us a few lines with your thoughts about it, feedback, and needs so that we can take the right direction.
So let us know what you think about Outwave and how to improve it. Please vote on what you think we should prioritize

• NFT Crowdfunding
  • NFT Tickets
  • NFT Membership
  • NFT Digital Twins

0 voters

3 Likes

At the current stage of the project, I think we need to put more effort into allowing users to easy onboard and purchase NFTs. The average user who is not an expert with crypto will surely struggle using web3.

Why?
Because web3 first-time users will need to go through all of this just to create an account:

• User tries to login into the platform; the application asks you to connect your wallet
  • User will search for a wallet and install it in the browser as an extension.
  • User will need to create a seed phrase and save it in a safe place
  • User will finally be able to log in!

Once the user logs in and finds the NFT to purchase, he will need to:

• Find an exchange that will convert his fiat currency (USD/EURO/etc…) into crypto
  • Send the crypto from the exchange to the wallet.
  • Wait until the transaction is confirmed
  • Get back on the platform and purchase the NFT.

We cannot expect new crypto users to go through this just to buy an NFT Ticket for this event, so I think we should prioritize the user onboarding and the integration of the payment with credit cards.

Currently, we are evaluating:

• the integration of a wallet that allows a one-click login. There is a huge topic on custodial vs non-custodial wallets, that we should discuss on a different topic
  • the integration of services that allow converting fiat currencies to crypto on the fly. Good candidates are ramp and moonpay

Said that, more expert users should always be able to use outwave with metamask wallet.

3 Likes

Hi @Miro,
I agree this is a huge topic and probably there’s much to discuss about it

I said probably cause I can imagine mainly two kind of users:

• users completely lacking crypto world alphabetization
  • users with one or more exchange account capable to manage Metamask (like me :sweat_smile:)

The first kind as now represents the majority of the users. So IMO the Outwave team should prioritize the implementation of a custodial wallet (possibly without KYC)

The services to buy cryptos using ordinary FIAT-based credit/debit cards are interesting but targeted to a third kind of intermediate user that I think is very rare

Greetings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Custodial wallet are a great idea to ease user adoption, in fact there is a sort of hybrid version of wallets called social wallet that we are looking into.
Two example are sequence.xyz and web3auth, both are non custodial and allow social login with a series of well known web2 login providers (google, twitter etc).

If anyone has some experience or feedback with those services we would be happy to hear about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

To keep everything readable for non-technical users, let’s continue this discussion here: Onboard users with easy and non custodial wallets

Let’s continue this discussion without entering into too many technical details.

1 Like

About this I would like to post some insights that we had from a research that interested Organizers of music event between 100 to 1000 person.
We asked them a series of questions about using NFT for their event and we got just a few feedback that for me are really important to hit our target.

• 75% of the Organizer think that can be difficult to sell NFT to their fans because buying in crypto is still an unknown process for them.

• 75% of the Music Event Organizers that answered the survey admitted that, for them, can be difficult to manage the revenue in cryptocurrency

• 100% of Event Organizers think that as a start, it’s necessary to integrate a credit card payment to facilitate the migration between traditional system to NFT system.

It’s not conclusive at all, but I reckon it’s a good start that underline the possible obstacles.

2 Likes

Just to be clear, I’ve edited the initial post to include a pool, so from now on you can directly give us your feedback simply voting.
We’re looking forward to know what you think.

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile: this is my first post here.
I have voted for NFT Crowdfunding because, from the viewpoint of an organization, this seems to me the easiest to explain to our users, and at the same time, it would give the biggest value to us.
Organizations struggle to acquire funds for projects, and crowdfunding always revolves around selling physical goods.
This would open up a completely different approach: backers will somehow become investors in our initiatives… something that could be definitely explored.

3 Likes

Hi all:) @Cyprex you have a point here. especially in the beginning it should be an easy to understand feature that adds real value for the user. other features can then be added when they are already there and familiar with the platform.

But in our case for example - I am part of UND.ER, we are an association transforming an ex-soviet bunker into an event & art festival space - until this moment we very rarely make any profit and if so, we re-invest it full into our location and projects. so currently there wouldn’t be much in for whoever decides to support.

What I was just thinking though is that people could also be able to decide on certain things somehow or join a conversation, for example which DJs/performers/artists we should book, or on how the money gets spent. of course it would have to be a system that doesn’t give too much power to a single person, votes should be fair. Because at the end I think what people seek more than financial retribution in this case is interaction and being part of something so maybe that could be somehow interesting in this context?

1 Like

Actually this is already feasible.
In the same way outwave will rely on external platform for governance, organizations can launch their NFTs on outwave and use the same tools for voting.

Please refer on this discussion on what external tools we are currently evaluating for Outwave

https://dao.outwave.io/t/token-utility-proposal/31/4

The cool thing is that for each voting, they could require that voters needs to have specific NFTs with different rules.

As an example:

• if you want to vote on for a specific DJ for your next event, you will need to have at least 3 ticket NFTs of the previous events.
  • if you want to vote for more important decisions, you will need to have the membership NFT
2 Likes