The first feature we fully released on outwave is allowing users to launch events with NFT Tickets.
This feature was prioritized for a specific use case requested by UND.ER Techno Association as the main idea was to provide additional value to users after the event. Users claiming the ticket through NFT would benefit of:
- having access to digital content after the event
- having the possibility to use the NFT after the event to purchase the following tickets with discounts
- having access to a secondary market
For sure @sophie can add more on this topic, as she is part of und.er
outwave provides all the tools to manage events:
- the creation of NFT Tickets by defining quantity, price, and which crypto shall be used to purchase
- Pages for promoting the event and selling the NFT tickets
- validation of the tickets at the gate
More info on this topic can be found on outwave’s documentation
While developing this specific feature, we found out that we should do more to provide value to communities that want to really on NFTs, and ticketing with NFTs was not enough. In addition to this, we learned how the ticketing industry works and how is totally monopolized.
For now, NFT tickets should be considered an add-on to the current ticketing system, and we should focus on adding additional utilities around NFTs to provide a complete toolkit for organizations willing to experiment and manage their communities using NFTs.
For this reason, we decided to go beyond NFT Tickets and implement additional utilities.
If you have additional ideas on this topic, I would be very happy to stress out the current state of the NFT tickets that we delivered on our platform: https://outwave.io
We are here to hear the good and the bad news!